Pre-Lab: Due Before Lab on Friday, October 20
In this quest, your goals are:
- Learn about sprites and animation
- Learn about level design and generation
- Learn about prefabs
Before coming to lab, you need to complete the following:
- Go to https://classroom.github.com/a/5FNiF9I_ to accept the assignment.
- Check out your repository locally and make sure you can open the project. There may be a warning when you do so, but it shouldn't matter.
In Lab: Friday, October 20
Follow the tutorial found at https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/2d-roguelike-tutorial.
You are welcome to begin the tutorial before coming to lab. The tutorial will take over an hour to complete, so you may run out of time in lab. You can finish it after lab as a part of the post-lab submission.
NOTE: Some things are different in our current version of Unity versus the one used in the tutorial. The Unity team has provided some guidance, but you can't just blindly do everything and expect it to work. Think about what you are doing!
Post-Lab: Due Wednesday, October 25 @ 11:55 PM
Add to your game the following things:
TBD! Expect things to be added here soon!
To help us grade, we ask that you create Windows and Mac builds for all of your Unity submissions to go along with your projects. However, you do not want your uncompressed builds to be included in your GitHub repos as that will result in a large number of changes to be continuously monitored. To create and submit your builds, please do the following:
- Create a folder called Builds in the root of your project folder.
- Use File > Build Settings to create your builds. See https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PublishingBuilds.html for more information on how this works.
- In your Builds folder, find your Windows and Mac builds. Archive the contents of this directory (select everything and right click choosing the appropriate option) and name the file
- Put the zip file in the root of your project folder and check it in as normal to GitHub.
Commit all changes to your GitHub repo before 11:55 PM Wednesday, October 25. Please include in the root of your repository a
README.md file either by creating the file or using the
Add a README button on the homepage of your repo. This file should describe how you went about completing the NPC feature - the algorithm, design, and citations for any sources you used. Finally, upload the same contents of your
README.md file in a PDF called
README-compid.pdf (adding a link directly to your repo please to make it easier for grading) and upload that to the Quest in Gamer Card.